The XL+ is the "latest and greatest" version of the Axe-Fx II. In comparison to the Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II, it adds expanded memory and connectivity. In comparison to the original Axe-Fx II XL, it adds an improved (brighter, sharper) display.
Axe-Fx XL+ Features:
- Non-volatile Super-FLASH memory allows for storage of up to 768 presets and 512 user cabinets (plus reserves for future expansion...)
- Built-in FASLINK™ port for connection to MFC-101 Mark III over a conventional XLR cable.
- Dedicated MIDI THRU jack provides lower latency MIDI relaying (vs. shared OUT/THRU in the Mark II).
- Two onboard PEDAL jacks for connecting EV-1 or other expression pedals.
- VALUE knob features an optical encoder with a lifespan of 1,000,000+ rotations.
- “Secret Sauce III” instrument input features an even lower noise floor.
- Double-capacity preset size allows for expanded functionality including X/Y switching on more blocks and more instances of effects. (Note that the processing power of all Axe-Fx II models is the same, so whereas more effect instances might be offered, the total limit for overall preset CPU usage remains the same.)
- Built-in backup firmware allows recovery in the event of complications during update.
- Backward compatibility with Axe-Fx II Mark I/II/XL presets via Axe-Edit software.
The Axe-Fx II XL+ is an advanced digital preamp and multieffects processor for guitar, bass, and other musical instruments. It provides an end-to-end signal chain for recording or live use, with the sound and feel of real amps. Onboard, an extensive collection of virtual effects, amps, speaker cabs, microphones, studio processing, and more lets you "wire up" your own virtual rigs to save in any of 512 onboard preset memories. The Axe-Fx II is known for ease of use, powerful automation and remote control capabilities, and incredible flexibility. With extensive professional I/O, it is ready to be connected to full range powered speakers (or PA), traditional power amp and cabs, or mixing desk/recorder.